Saturday, May 14, 2011

Re:New Texas Immigration Law Proposed

            Miss Avila makes good point on the new immigration law that has been proposed . I agree with her opinions. As matter of fact, I supplement her argument. To me, this is a form of slavery. First they induce fear of deportation. Second, they limit their rights and benefits. And now  this bill regulates the types of jobs they may do. Most of these jobs, are jobs that no one likes to do. They are harsh and poorly paid.
            Most immigrants migrate into United States for a better life. To keep warm food on the dinner table and to see their children grow in safe environment. With such limitations on the jobs immigrants may acquire, we take what we are offered. Work long harsh hours, poor pay, no benefits. That exploitation! Prove me wrong... if you can on that one.

            I was lucky enough to be born on this side of the Rio Grande. I give my parents and God a thank you for that. I take advantage of be a citizen by constantly trying to progress in school, in work and in life in general. One single documentation allows me to do that. If it wasn't for that single piece of paper, I would carry the same footstep as my parents. Working in construction, kneeled down all day with a hammer and nails in hand all day. That ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment